November 14, 2011

Leg assembly 1


This is a brief description of how I did the leg build.
Some of this will already have been posted before,
but I forgot to include this bit:


Drilled holes for securing the leg pieces together. Counter bored and counter sunk the holes. Screws needed to be ground shorter.


Next I marked out the centre piece for it's central part to be cut out. This is where the power cable for the feet motors will run down [see prev. post].


Next I marked up and drilled the location holes for the shoulder bolts. Off set the angle to 36 Deg's in total. 18 Deg's each, off centre.


I cut the rear and middle piece off, as these are shorter than the main front piece.


Added the front and rear pieces for the ankle, these are not the correct thickness, only 8mm, not the 9.5mm as on the 'Club' drawings. Was all I had available to me.


Next is the curved ankle pieces. These I made the same way as before [see older post].

I'd like to point out that this way of making the legs is not my idea! I'm just following many other builders who have created their legs along similar lines :)

No comments:

Post a Comment