September 12, 2011

Ankle Cylinders

Saturday was a busy few hours. I cut out the cut out section. Slightly roughed up the tube, cleaned up the groove edges, because of the Lathe incident previously.


Used a piece of off-cut tube, I marked a circle & then cut out a disc from 12mm thick MDF (thicknes not important.) Using a file, I rounded off the edges, but kept it a nice tight fit. Drilled a hole in them for dowels. These will secure the cylinders to the legs. Lastly I cut out one more circle and made up another end cap, as before.

Next I cut out the end piece from hardboard (MDF would just split)& filed its edges round. I then marked it central and drilled through the disc with clearance holes. Used two short screws to fix them both together.

not the best images, but you can see the two screws through
the front of the end cap
Cut more circles out of MDF. These go inside the cylinder. Marked them up, then cut a flat face. Drilled a hole in them for dowels. These will secure the cylinders to the legs.
location pin setting.
Filler smoothed over

No comments:

Post a Comment