February 13, 2022

Solo - a Star Wars story - Irradiator Illumination Bank 3D printing Part 2

 February 2022

Time off work meant I was not able to get anymore printing done, but in between home ‘jobs’, I’ve been able to work on the base section. Filling and sanding.

Once I was able to, I continued to put the 3D printer to good use. I made a few changes to the upper ring, removed some unnecessary parts, which would also save print time. I was concerned about the shape so I split the ring into two halfs and printed then stood up.

Impressive results!
This was with two hours left to print.

Sanded and smoothed the edges, then glued the two halves together. Found some opaque plastic sheet and cut it to the oval panel openings. I need to draw/print off some internal frames to hold the opaque panels in place, from being pushed in.

Part 3 update coming soon……

No comments:

Post a Comment