March 29, 2019

New Tool Box....

.....I've been meaning to get myself a proper storage/tool box for events for a while now, as my first two attempts were either not big enough (my first tool box - red) or as in the case of my wheely crate, not strong enough.

This was my first repurposed tool box, which just carried tools in. But as R5 has never needed on site maintanance, except when he had a drive belt snap (C.B), I was carrying everything but the kitchen sink in it. So I now only carry essentials.
R5-D4, tool box

The wheely crate's front stands caught on the edge of a curb and cracked the side along to the joint. This meant it wouldn't support the insert base properly, which bent under the weight of R5's batteries. The batteries & the battery boxes plus other little bits would be carried in this, before it broke.
R5-D4
This weekend the club attended MCM Comic Con in Birmingham. Now, there's not much I can do about having to carry two domes (R4-D4's was going on the display stand), but I also then had three other bags with stuff in to carry from the car to the stand. So decided that 'now was the time' to upgrade my storage/tool box.

A lot of the builders took Lee's lead and bout this type. But at the time I couldn't afford (or justify) the cost. Then the other week I saw one in a local'ish B&Q store (UK). Reduced down to £55.

So yesterday I popped in and was lucky enough to pickup the last one in the store.
This has three main compartments & was just big enough to carry everything I need.

I'll still need to carry the rear hatch, though I have a few ideas to make this a thing of the past as well lol.
After I had arranged everything inside, it was time to add stickers..... first being my own R5-D4 one.
R5-D4 sticker

.....I'll add other sticker pics later..... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment