February 07, 2019

R0-D4 - new 3D neck printing 2019 - 1.5

R0-D4 original neck
Been working on finishing off the 3D printed neck for the R0 dome upgrade.

I had super glued the pieces together and some of these had been test fitted and screwed down onto the lower ring. But I still had two more pieces to get printed off. In the meantime, I had to fill in the gaps between the printed pieces, so I used some leftover filament and using my soldering iron, melted it into the gap and smoother over. So eventually, I got round to being abe to print off the last two neck pieces via works printer, lol.

These last two pieces needed some addition trimming to fit.
This is the reverse side, face up. The two ends of the new pieces can be seen with magnets holding the glued sections together. The black marker lines with the X indicate where the upper domes vertical's go, so have to make the tabs trimmed to fit.

Once I've filament welded these last few joins, I can get on with finishing off and then spraying up.

No comments:

Post a Comment