September 25, 2018

My R5-D4 Patch box

Decided that I needed a box to hold some of my patches in when at events. I already have one for my trading cards.

So I measured and drew up in AutoCAD Inventor, a holder to fit the patches into.
I used the same upper section and changed the text to R5-D4.


R5-D4 Patch
Here the upper and lower (holder section) have been glued together and some filler/primer has been applied. Once dried I gave it a light sanding, before adding another coat of primer.

Ledt this to dry overnight, before applying the matt black paint. This contrasts well with the grey of the box.
R5-D4 Patch
Above pic was taken right after spraying, hence glossy apperance.

I left it another day before hand painting the text with R5's red paint.
R5-D4 Patch
Here you can now see the black is matt in finish.

And once it was almost dried.....I installed the insert into the box and added patches.
R5-D4 Patch

R5-D4 Patch
The box will hold 15 patches, so when at event's I can have some on me and top up if needed. I just need to make a top piece now to stop them from moving about (there's a gap between the patches and the recess in the lid of the box.

I now also need either larger trouser pockets of some other form to hold/carry these boxes lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment