January 21, 2013

Two Year Anniversery Build Date


Today marks [roughly] the second year anniversary of starting to build R5D4.

The first part i made was to machine up the shoulder buttons.

I can't believe it has taken me this long, just to get to where I am now. I knew it wouldn't be a five minute job, as there is a lot more work involved, than just cutting out pieces of wood and screwing them together! lol. That and having a family life and all that goes with it :).
I've also learnt alot about my own abilities and found them wanting hahaha.

The other side of it, is now my youngest daughter wants me to build her an R2 unit and in pink! Apart from the time to make it, which now I know what I'm doing, would hopefully be less......I don't have the space to store another R2 unit! I'm not 100% sure where R5 is going to live when he's completed!! Although I can probably guess (garage) hahaha.

Well, I hope to get R5 completed ASAP, he may not be motoriesed by then, but he will be structurally complete. Moveing parts can be completed afterwards......but he will move! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment