January 09, 2013

Leg No.2 - Horseshoes No.1


I started on this back in April, I made a cardboard template of the horse-shoe. I did this as the first template attempt using the plans and printing out didn't go to scale. This way, all should work. Then used it to mark them out on 3mm hardboard, that I had already.
Then set to work cutting them out.

UPDATE 09.01.13
I decided that really I should attempt to make the Leg Horseshoes. So 10pm last night, I was back out in my garage and started work on cutting out the first set. I bolted the first four pieces together to drill out the centre hole. I then bolted the second set together so as to drill out the larger dia hole.

This morning, in work, I drilled/cut out the central holes using my adjustable hole cutter.
R2D2 Leg
You can see the cut-outs on the lower left and the second set of horseshoes to be cut out on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I love astromechs! Maybe one day when I'm all sorted as C3PO, I'll workon a droid of me own! Good work James!

    ReplyDelete