November 29, 2011

Main Leg 1.4, Ankle Wedge 1.4 Centre Leg build update

Spent 2.5hrs working on leg. Sanding then more wood filler. Made the counter sunk holes bigger on five of the screw holes. Then filled with wood filler.
counter sink holes made deeper
Once dried, more sanding. Also applied wood filler to fill in the wood grain surface.
Mixed up some more P40 body filler and fi0lled in the back of the seconed ankle wedge. I then got to work on re-shaping the resin in the back of the first wedge. Once happy with the fit, I marked its position on the ankle cylinder and removed the cylinder from the centre leg. I then drilled through from the inside of the cylinder up into the resin in the back of the wedge & secured it in place with a screw. I repeated this with the second cylinder & wedge, once the resin had dried.
There is a screw (that you can't) see securing the taped up wedge onto the cylinder
I then masked of the wedges and sprayed them with grey primer.
Wedge masked off and primed
wedge time taken, about 1hr.

Next Day = Once they were dry, I sprayed them blue

And then once dry, I sprayed them clear and also the centre leg.

Centre Leg complate, with cylinders and wedges

 Am pleased with work so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment