October 29, 2011

R5 doesn't have a Leg (bolt) to stand on.......

Sorry about the header, it was late and the best I could think of to do with leg :-)

After not being able to source M10 T-nuts in either B&Q or Wicks, I did pick up some M10 nuts and washers and two lengths of M10 studding. I did find the T-nuts found on e-bay. I also bought a dremel router adaptor which came with 3 bits and saved myself a few pounds over the 'shop' price.

These are great for 'clamping' wood together.

Today, I measured the distance required from the inside side wall face to the front of the shoulder disc[silver]. I then addded on extra for the depth required for the leg, 18mm thickness. So looking at about 120mm length of studding. Including enough for nut and washer, seen on the left end of the stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment