October 05, 2020

Well Hello there.....

 .....yes, it’s been a long time since my last blog post. A busy home life has been the reason. Had to convert half my garage into a usable area for my Son. This required new shelves being put up & new lights and sockets being installed. 

Another little project I was working on was installing an outside light to illuminate the garage door handle. Late nights in the dark, holding things etc and trying to find the key hole to lock the garage door.....no more! I wired up a timer delay off relay I had, along with a strip LED. So as I leave the garage, I can press the button and be able to see to lock it. This setup runs off 12volts.

light switch
light switch

testing the wiring 12volts
testing the wiring 12volts

delay off timer relay enclosure
delay off timer relay enclosure

the timer off relay board
the timer off relay board


Then, once all this was done, my work area needed more space as I have bought a 3D printer, Tevo/Tarantula Pro. This also required a shelf, requiring the moving of other wall mounted things for it to be able to be fitted. I wanted to be able to monitor printing, so grabbed a ‘action cam’ (budget GoPro) with WiFi, for under £10! It’s great and links up with my phone. Will only be printing on an evening whilst I’m at home, but piece of mind is good. I printed a bracket that slots onto the 20x20 extrusion, click this link here ->>> Thingiverse

And I designed and printed up my own brackets for some plastic sheeting i’ll be using for an enclosure, more on that in the future.

Did a rewire on Mikes dome switches to change their illumination orientation, I've not posted that yet but will do shortly.

I designed up a 'stop/reset' switch for the Tevo as the open hole was just annoying me lol.


Link will eventually work to Thingiverse......

I have been able to do small amounts of updates to R5, but these will hopefully take up more of my time now that these other projects have been completed.

Lastly for this post....a recent picture of my workbench area.....

Workbench update
Workbench update


And a collection of mugs.....???

3 mugs in a row
3 mugs in a row


No comments:

Post a Comment