Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.5 [M38 Scope]

E-11 Scope - version M38

The one seen on Han Solo's blaster.

There were a few versions of blasters with different scopes fitted,
click the pic above or the following link, to take you to

Found this website to, is great for showing the different versions of scopes

I've been searching online for blaster scopes, but after some thought, I thought I have a go at making one out of wood......how hard could it be??? lol

So I used my scope as a guide and marked out a square length of wood I had. Not realising till later, I probably could of made the scope in one piece, but maybe the next one ;-)

I marked a diameter on the end face, then a few length dimensions and rough angle end points. Then in work this morning I started to cut wood.

Results so far.....
E-11 M38 scope
 This picture shows the amount of wood removed to create the angle.

E-11 M38 scope
 This view shows the angle better.

E-11 M38 scope
 Picture above, shows tools used.

E-11 M38 scope

The remaining guide lines are to be cut out on my lunchtime.

[I didn't take a pic of before.....didn't think it would work]

Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.4

Last nights work.....

Folding stock arms
I cut two slots into the main part of the wood to allow the two cut down in length, & flattened, aluminium strips from an old indoor aerial, to fit in. I then drilled two holes and fitted screws to hold in place. They need to be made shorter to fit the rear bracket.
E-11 Blaster

E-11 Blaster

In the second picture, you can see where the black marker rad is I need to shorten the arms. The slots will be filled in later.


Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.3

E-11 blaster, stormtrooper

Last night was a scratching head night. How best to make the folding stock section??

I wanted it to be light, but strong. Found some pieces of wood that were just right. Next was how to make it look right lol. So after I had marked out the actual shoulder butt piece, I marked and cut out some 3mm hardboard. These helped with the shape of the small piece of wood, that was screwed & PVA wood glued onto the main stock section. I then cut & shaped.
 E-11, folding stock work

E-11 folding stock
Found two small, non standard looking screws to fit into the sides to show the pivot points.
Next is to shape the nose end of the stock, drill more holes & apply wood filler to smooth everything.

I also got round to marking and drilling holes to screw on the magazine chamber.

E-11 blasterE-11 blaster, stormtrooper

Lastly, I then applied watered down PVA glue to the open wood to seal it ready for painting.


Han Solo costume for my Son....... Vest 1.1

Over the weekend, Karen picked up the material to be used for the Vest & also then got on with making up the template for it.

we went with the wider ribbon on the right.

outer material, inner lining & blood stripe material

Template work began.....

And pics of it stitched and modeled by her Son.

More work to come.......

Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.2


This stuff is easy to find, if you know where to look [forums] & also on eBay, but it also comes at a price! Am always looking for an alternative product, on my last to blaster, I found a plastic box lid which I had to cut down to be able to use the lipped edge.

Last week I found this look-a-like t-track rubber on eBay, as a test for suitability. It was only £2.70 a meter.
E-11 T-track, Stormtrooper blaster
Test fit & look of T-track rubber on PVC tube

I just cut to lengths and slipped the ends inside the tube vent holes. Its not to bad really. It's firm'ish, but the vertical piece is not so, bit to flexible, but then again that might not be a bad thing. I do have to remember this is for my Son and as careful as he is, this build needs to be cheap, and relatively indestructible lol.

Heres a test piece of rubber stuck to PVC tube.
Test sample super glued onto scrap PVC tube

The t-tract will need to be glued on, so will see what else is out there, and of course the blaster needs painting first.


Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.1

Lunchtime I finished off the ejection chamber cut out. And cut a slot for the handle grip to fit into the barrel. I made a notch in the top section of the grip for it to [tightly] slid on with and help locate it in place. Need to sort of fixing the front of the handle and also removing some of the inner wood material.

The grip had some more wood filler applied and sanded smooth to blend in with the handle.

I also cut out a piece of wood for the 'folding stock rear mount'.
I marked, cut and filed the edges to look cylindrical and this will be screwed on later.
still needs some more work.


Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Mag housing pt 1

On my two previous E-11's I fabricated the Magazine or Mag housing's out of metal. This time I'm going to try wood.

I printed of the plans and got to work on cutting up some scrap wood. I needed to make up the thickness, so two were glued together.

next was to cut out the curve to match up with the barrel. I also notched the end to resemble the actual cut down mag clip.

Then some wood filler all over

Once filler has dried, I'll sand smooth.


Han Solo costume for my Son....... Vest [update]

Spoke to my friend Karen and she'll hopefully be able to pick up the material needed for Han's Vest, this weekend.

Vest [sleeveless jacket]

She'll also pick up material for the lining of it as well.