March 11, 2020

Syren 10 motor controller 3D printed housing

With all the alterations and upgrades going on in R5, I wanted a housing for the Syren 10 dome motor controller board. Just to add some protection to it.

I measured it & drew up a housing in AutoCAD Inventor (works program).
I wanted it to be a snug fit, but also allow access to the terminals, dip switches and also be able to see the LED indicators.

My first design, was good, but needed to re-position the openings a bit. The dip switch & LED openings needed adjusting.
syren 10, speed controller
First housing design - Syren 10 speed controller
The second print (picture below), I'd also increased the inside height a bit to allow the board to slid inside the housing easier.
Syren 10 speed controller
Second housing design - Syren 10 speed controller
Below is version 2 printed, as seen in previous picture.


~~~~

Version three, had some more minor updates to the opening ends and this will be the version I put up on Thingiverse soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment