July 24, 2011

Work so far.... Shoulder Hydraulic and Centre Leg work

Friday in work: I milled flat the rear of the shoulder hydraulic unit. Also drilled two location holes, for fixing it with dowels into the shoulder hourse shoes. 0.25hr (20mins).

I off-set the top location hole on purpose ;-D


Then at home I drilled the bolt holes in the seconed shoulder disc. Sanded the wood filler on its edge. Extended the clearance in the underside of the top ring so shoulder disc fitted correctly. (1hr)
Next I marked the position of centre leg. Drilled out then cleaned edges with file & dremel with sanding wheel. A nice snug fit.  Need to find some more aluminium angle, to secure leg in place. (1.5hrs)

Saturday 23.07.11
How to make the radi parts of leg? Have seen a few ingenious ways from being shaped from solid block to frame work with sanded wood filler.

I started of with the idea of building up the curved section, which would then be filled in & sanded curved to finish. This was gona take a long time, then I found a piece of wood that when cut correctly, would be just right, to complete the curved section. Just needs a few saw cuts & shaped with a file.

No comments:

Post a Comment