04/12/2015

R5 damage repair update PART 2

I didn't post up pictures of the rest of the damaged area's on R5. Thankfully most of it was only on his shoulder Horseshoe.

I removed the loose wood filler then I sealed the hardboard with watered down PVA glue.
This helps the wood absorb the glue and makes it hard. Then once dried, I applied more wood filler again to the damaged areas.

After sanding and more filler, repeated until happy [and filler dried]. I gave the area a light spray with white and later, with clear coat.

After a few days, and once the shoulder hub was finished, I re-installed the hub & horseshoe and got to weathering it all again.

Here are the before and after pics:

Damaged horseshoe on left repaired & weathering [WIP] again on right.

The outer foot shell's have already been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment