September 23, 2022

Transmitter modification - remote for the ‘Trading Card Dispenser’


As much as I luved my wrist strapped remote control unit <Blog link, for activating R5's trading card dispenser, it is not so easy to operate, whilst holding the transmitter.


It's even harder to remember which on activates the TCD and which one fires the Bad Motivator system lol.
I originally went with a simple clip attachment <-Blog link, to the transmitter for the remote to clip into.

These both worked fine and the files can be found on my Prusa account page.
(The watch remote's are not presently up, but will be soon.)

So after some thought and tinkering, I found a momentary switch and tested it on the remotes contacts to check that a remote switch WOULD still work lol. Two dabs of solder onto the contacts and the remotes remote switch was on. Next up was the LED, again, having it show that I HAD actually pressed the button, I wanted an indicator. A quick test with the contacts of an LED onto the contacts of the board mounted on, showed that it lit up. Two more dabs of solder and we were in business.

I positioned the LED next to the Utility arm's switch. Both these were secured in place with hot glue.

Above picture: the switch is just below it. The momentary switch was positioned a bit further down due to space, but it's still in a good place to press, without loosening your grip on the transmitter.

Front view of LED and new momentary switch.

Then came the really tricky part lol, finding a position to locate the actual remote's board. I covered exposed contacts with electrical tape, before placing the remote's board inside. I then applied more tape over it to secure it. I did think of securing with hot glue but decided not to.

Just need to test it next....

Yep, it lights up lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment