September 03, 2020

R5’s centre leg - ankle detail update

 When I originally fitted the ankle detail, I hadn’t permanently fix it to the leg. I just used hot glue. It lasted surprisingly well. But as the retaining strap is used in this area for transportation of R5, it eventually got knocked off.

So it was time to fix in place properly. I made a cardboard template to mark suitable hole locations with.

Cardboard template

I had to redo the hole position as I forgot the drill wouldn’t be able to reach the upper hole location, so moved it down a bit.

Of course this was after I’d already drilled the ankle detail lol.

Ankle detail with location dowels

So the upper hole was plugged. It didn’t have to but it did for me.

I didn’t need to glue in as the holes/dowels were a tight fit.

Ankle detail in place

Ankle detail

Next up: finishing installation of the electricals.

No comments:

Post a Comment