July 17, 2020

Funko Pop Astromech 3D - more work [R5-PHT]

Just added this comment to my Thingiverse item:

Major UPDATE:
My own design for R5-D4's body with recessed panel and restraining bolt are now drawn up.
[This took ages as I needed to do some modifications to allow the illusion of the legs being the curved face to body look.
R5's head is also now completed! A soft spring would be required. I think I'll also do a small joining collar so the head doesn't require a spring, just to give the spaced impression.

Once I've been able to print these off to test, I'll upload them.

What I haven't said is that Monday, I drew up another R5 head....this time, R5-PHT from Solo a Star Wars Story. This R5, briefly seen in after Han has made it through the gate room scene, has a special Holo projector located just under it's sensor eye. There's a story behind this.....but that's for another time ;)


R5-PHT - Solo a Star Wars story

I also produced another 'standard' body, without the restraining bolt and recessed panel. The body I'll upload once printing confirms it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment