July 09, 2020

Funko Pop Astromech: 3D Body progress

Yesterday I spent most of my free time drawing up the front panels, lower skirt with recesses.
The skirt recesses took ages as I had extruded it with angles, which caused me to struggle to then inverse 'emboss' the panel recesses. After a few attempts tho I got something that matched up with the original.

Next up then was the real fun part.....the panel details. I had to create a few different sketch layers in order to produce the recesses and then the protruding coin slots.

The Power coupling needed three sketch layers just for it alone. These tho I am hoping to be able to mirror to the rear of the model.
Funko Pop 3D

There's still a lot more to do, but it's really looking good to me so far.
Funko Pop 3D Body video
Created this short video of the panels being created.
#funkopop #astromech #thingiverse #3dprinting

No comments:

Post a Comment