October 19, 2022

R5’s Bad Motivator : reincarnation (Part 3)

As mentioned in my previous post, Monday saw me start on drawing/creating the ‘Bad Motivator’ as i saw it in the movie, screen grab. See below.

There are some features that I can now see that I didn’t before, and these have already been captured by other already created designs. So these I’ve incorporated into my design as I believe them to be correct in my opinion, and scaled the other parts to better match (again, how I saw/see them) into my design.

The first design I wasn’t 100% happy with so altered it for version 2. I was going to print each component separately, but couldn’t be bothered lol, plus the combined part’s secured the motivator better as one. This would be great as a resin printed piece, but for now I’ll have to make do with my printer lol.

3D coloured rendering of new motivator.

I uploaded the file to Astroprint so that I could print out at home on my Tevo Tarantula. The printer is running already, hopefully this will be done by the morning.

(Astroprint is a free online program to convert stl files into gcodes for your chosen 3D printer)

13hrs later…… the print came out great 👍🏽
Wasn’t happy about the size/scale though so going to edit and reprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment