June 14, 2022

New (old) Dome Motor with new Bracket

R5's dome motor needs a new bracket!

Dome motor upgrade. This motor is an original I had installed years ago. It’s bigger than the previous one.

Drew up a simple clamp/bracket arrangement, with captive nuts.

(Just need to find some cap head bolts the right length).

I repositioned the motor to be at the front of the body. My thinking is that the motor won’t have as greater force to overcome when moving the dome, compared to when it was at the rear of the body….

Next up was a new wheel…… again 3D printed off my design and then cut a rubber o’ring to length and glued it on.

The shaft hole is a ‘D’ shape to match and I also fitted a recessed nut in the lower diameter for the locking bolt to have something firm to lock with, so preventing the PLA from breaking.

Time will tell how strong this all is with the R5 dome on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment