July 02, 2020

Thingiverse - Futaba vintage transmitter stand

Thingiverse

Back in 2018, I drew up a display stand for my Futaba M series vintage transmitter. It was one of the first things that I drew up so was basic but it did the job. After finding out that this model was used to operate R5-D4 & possibly the other droids on the set of A New Hope, I had to find out more about them. I was also fortune enough to get two (an M4 & M6) off eBay for a bargain price!
Futaba M6 transmitter

With attending events, having the controller would also be a talking point for people to ask questions. So the stand was simply drawn up and 3D printed.
Futaba transmitter stand
This is the stand with R5's name and the club's name in raised print.

Futaba M4 transmitter, stand
The M4 version can be seen in the image above.

I've just uploaded the files for this onto my Thingiverse page (click for link)

No comments:

Post a Comment