June 11, 2020

Throw Back Thursday - R0-D4 dome build

This week, throw back Thursday is a look at my R0-D4 dome I started to make.
The name is just my play on the R0 domes created by Lee & Oliver for 'The Force Awakens' film.

As with all my work it's built from wood, although a few years later I started an upgrade to change the rotation setup, requiring a new lower neck ring. This was going to be made out of metal, but due to tools, I had to make do with 3D printing it. This part is still uncompleted. He actually had a toy (not official) made of him by Mark T.....Blog link here.


So here's the dome,
semi completed and before the neck ring upgrade work had begun:
R0-D4 dome build


Frame work:
R0-D4 dome

Link to Blog history of build can be found here.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment