June 23, 2020

Thingiverse - Vent for DIY air cooler unit


With the weather here in the UK set to get HOT this week again, I went to dig out the mini cooler I made a few years back for my youngest daughters bedroom.

I designed & 3D printed this vent. There are video's on You Tube, which was where I originally got the idea from. But I thought I'd have a go at designing my own vent.

  • AutoCAD Inventor at work.
  • Printed it on our older small machine (replaced with Ultiimaker S5)


air direction ventair direction vent


air direction vent

The idea is that you use a 12v fan that blows air into the tub full of ice cubes, the vent then helps direct the cold air out.
mini air con cooler unit
I power it with a 7.2v rechargeable battery, which last long enough into the night to cool you to sleep.

If you want to give this a go,
the vent can be found on my Thingiverse page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment