December 14, 2018

R0-D4 - new 3D neck printing 2018 - 1.1

Drew up in AutoCAD Inventor a new neck ring/skin that I hope I'll be able to use. It's similar to the neck skin I printed off for the R4-D4 dome (link to post), but as the frame already has support, this will literally just be an outer skin.

A few things will need to be looked at, but I think I have an idea on how to fix these to the base ring.
This was my first multiple printer set up success!
Previous attempts failed to action by the printer.
So had to create one stl file with multiple components.

There was a bit of lift to the rear corner, but not enough to worry about.

I've now started to print off two other pieces which have location tabs for fixing to the wood frame and they also have a thicker upper edge.

Hopefully these will be finished printing by the end of my work day lol, as I want to be able to take them along to the Builders Event tomorrow.


picture click link to UK R2D2 Builders website
More next week along with photo's of tomorrow's event......

No comments:

Post a Comment