October 30, 2018

3D printed Y spliter for smoke system


As something to try out, I drew up and designed a Y- splitter for connecting up more tube that I have for R5's smoke system.

This was my second design after trying to design a more complex one, which wasn't a very good idea lol.
section view 
solid view

I uploaded it to my Thingiverse account on Friday, just to share. I went on this morning to find it had been viewed 122 times & downloaded 117.

Details can be found via the link above.The single inlet hole was a bit tight, on the second version I printed. As on the first one I forced the tube into the inlet hole, before it had fully cooled, opening up the bore more for the tube.

The idea behind this is to possibly distribute the smoke more out of different area's of R5.

No comments:

Post a Comment