29/06/2017

R0-D4 dome upgrade 2017 - 1.2

Finished off attaching the location blocks.

Glued and then screwed from the underside.

Once these were all done, I re-attached this new base ring to the Dome.

One thing I didn't get round to doing on R0's dome was his two side rear quarter panels. I wanted them to be blue, but didn't have time to do this before going to Celebration Europe 2016. Whilst there R5 was in much demand that I didn't get around to swapping over the domes and driving R0-D4 around. Then once home, he was put back on the shelf (dome) and I forgot about the panels.

So I decided to spray them up. Using a strong clear bag, I masked off the two sections.


Next up was spraying them with metallic blue.

And whilst I had time, I did some light weathering to the dome to better match-up with R5's body. Didn't want to go mad as this dome may not of seen sand lol, but still needed to be grubbed up a bit.
 The top has had the weathering toned back a bit since this photo.
I may put on my list of things to do, a set of correct dome rods.


~~~~~
Went and ordered the new metal strip that will be used to make up the new skin ring, which will replace the original wood one.
Ordered on Monday 26th from:

Metals4U (here in the UK),

they supply cut to length/thickness/width from a range of materials.
It arrived the next day!! WOW!!



No comments:

Post a Comment