February 10, 2016

Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.3

E-11 blaster, stormtrooper

Last night was a scratching head night. How best to make the folding stock section??

I wanted it to be light, but strong. Found some pieces of wood that were just right. Next was how to make it look right lol. So after I had marked out the actual shoulder butt piece, I marked and cut out some 3mm hardboard. These helped with the shape of the small piece of wood, that was screwed & PVA wood glued onto the main stock section. I then cut & shaped.
 E-11, folding stock work


E-11 folding stock
Found two small, non standard looking screws to fit into the sides to show the pivot points.
Next is to shape the nose end of the stock, drill more holes & apply wood filler to smooth everything.
~~~~

I also got round to marking and drilling holes to screw on the magazine chamber.

E-11 blasterE-11 blaster, stormtrooper

Lastly, I then applied watered down PVA glue to the open wood to seal it ready for painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment