April 04, 2013

Braided Hose - the SAGA continues

Wasn't 100% happy with the fit of my first attempt with the 'real copper' braided hose. As the gap around the hose and the hole in the knurled fitting was to large for my liking.

So saw these the other day and thought I'd try them, (sprayed up, of course).
R2D2 Braided hose
 
R2D2 Braided Hose
 
Well, I wasn't to happy with the colour, 'Brass', it was the only colour they had in the shop, less so of the fact the paint leaked out all over the can & my hand!
First i had to cut off the ends. Then trimmed the plastic tube inside. Although this didn't work, so I drilled out the Knurled fittings so the hose would fit properly inside.

Drilled out the second set of Knurled hose fittings to accept the braided hose. Used a drill bit to line them up in the small vice, before counter drilling them with a drill bit suitable to accept the hose. I'll fix the hose into the knurled fittings later.

Finished spraying the first pipe with brass spray, although it does look more gold than brass lol, this will get weathered down......a lot!

For the second hose I crushed the ends in the vice, this time, to release the hose end fittings.
Taped them up to prevent the braid from fraying and then started spraying them up in erm....brass.


No comments:

Post a Comment