October 20, 2022

Let there be light…..inside R5

This is something else I’ve been meaning to do for years. Install a light inside R5’s body for work purposes.

So I dug into my box of LED’s and found one of the new round COB ones that I’ve used for R2’s Holoprojectors.

CAD’ed up a holder after locating a suitable position that illuminates the full inside.
I then drew up a switch holder to be able to secure it to the side of the frame.

NOTE:
If you’ve not got one, get yourself a digital Vernier. This is so much easier than trying to measure with a rule. Don’t forget to take into account the expansion of the filament after printing, remember, as it reduces the size of openings.

Next up was to print them both off. As with all development ideas, slight modifications…..and second time prints a charm πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ½

I’d already soldered up the LED and the switch with lengths of cable. Next was to install them into position. Once in place, routing the wires over to the 12v terminal and connected them up.

Batteries in and flipped the switch…..let there be light πŸ’‘ 


No comments:

Post a Comment