April 12, 2021

Transit Data Reader - for R5-D4's Utility Arm Socket screen (Part 2)



Installation of the electronics.

I had to print off a small housing for the original electronics panel that required to be re-positioned outside of it's battery box, so that the button could be pressed. This also required the battery terminals to be de-soldered from the board and wires attached to make the compartment separate.

This picture shows the lite panel, before I sprayed up the box.

I've added a coiled cable from an old mobile phone car charger lol. This then connects to the 'plug socket' end with the magnets fitted.

I added some clips to the inside of the bottom opening, for the hatch lid to sit on (one thing I had forgotten to do on the original design).

I've been thinking about what colour to paint the 'plug socket'. First I sprayed a black and grey combo to match the box, then went with black and silver [for the connection interface].

I needed a carry/protection case, found an old RC Transmitter box. Fitted it with foam I had leftover from a past project, and trimmed it to fit inside the case.


No comments:

Post a Comment