December 11, 2020

A Life-form scanner for R5-D4 - Part 2

 I’ve been looking at ways to lift the life-form scanner. Loads of YouTube videos and info on the forum. Looking to make it as simple as possible tho without arduino‘a etc.

Did find a video made by Mike Senna, where he had a micro servo fitted to the top to give side to side movement of the scanner itself.

With the already restrictive pie hole that R5 has, I knew I needed the smallest servo I could find to fit.

Found and ordered one, just waiting now for it to be delivered. D1302.

D1302 micro servo

So I’ve modified the scanner to be able to fit the servo into it.


The sample aluminium tube came and was a snug fit in the previous servo scanner version. And was a great fit in the two test print guides. Just waiting on additional parts to be able to fully test everything and ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment