April 29, 2020

Utility arm servo linkage bracket design - more work UPDATE

Without a 3D printer, I'm a bit stuck..... but as the circle of help goes around, I was offered printing from a fellow builder Chris. He sent me two brackets for me to test out, thanks mate.
R5D4

The principle looks and fits well, but still needs some more fine tuning. So back onto the CAD and started measuring up and creating a new bracket. You might ask 'why not just use the dimensions from the plans?' .....because the Utility arms I made myself and although to the plans, are not 100% spot on. Hence having to work all this out on the go.

So here's the next version. I altered the radius angle from the contact point it has to better fit the inner curved face of the arm. Below are the 3 versions, the red version is the new revised one, green matches the ones supplied by Chris & the blue, the original version.
r5d4, utility arm brackets

Here is the side view of the above brackets.
r5d4, utility arm brackets

As you can see in the first picture, the red curved section, protrudes out further than the green. After being able to measure the difference, I was able to reposition it (hopefully) to be a better fit to the inner curved surface. It also doesn't have the angle joining it to the circular base section, seen in green. This got in the way of the arm angle so needed to be removed.

I have already been designing up other versions.
So more updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment