April 08, 2020

COVID-19 isolation at home - 3D design work

My work allows me to work from home, unfortunately the 3D printer is in work, so not able to print anything 😢 ......well.....it is their's 😆 lol

So I have been able to work on R5 and some other mini projects requested by friends.

Adafruit sound board
Re-re-soldered the contact pins on the adafruit sound board, changed them back to right angle ones. Easier for the leads to protrude out the side, rather than straight up for connections to the relay switch, for wherever it gets mounted.

Protection case for sound board
So because of the above, the 3D model had to be modified again to match.I added recesses in the base to allow the underside of the pins to sit in so the board sits flat.
Adafruit sound board, thingiverse
since been modified.....again.
3D models
Been working on other 3D models for myself and friends. After a comment on my Instagram about the above sound board holder, I drew up one for the longer version, which has a headphone jack socket on it.
Adafruit sound board, thingiverse


Next up was a holder for Paul's ESC unit. I had one of these he had lent me ages ago to try out in another project. So I was able to draw up a holder for him to test print one.
Th inside area was a bit too snug, so version 2 was a slight redesign and the addition of a rear bracket, tho this wasn't needed as the fit was just right.
ESC holder, thingiverse

And Paul was kind enough to send me some pictures of the unit fitted.

Recess' to allow the holder to fit over the top but not interfere with the cables.

Another club member wanted me to design up a mini slip-ring holder, for his holoprojector's.
This is still a work in progress.....

R5's cable management
R5 runs Red & Black power cable, as must builders probably do. His main power is 24 volts.
A while back (years) I bought some Yellow cable to match up with something....oooh yes, the 24 to 12 volt regulator. It has red/black wires in and yellow/black output wires for identification.

So rather than waste it, I decided that it would actually be a good thing to use for the 12 volt side of things. They're also now tagged with labels & clear heat shrink to aid identification.

R5's sounds
Got round to organising sounds, renaming them etc all ready to transfer onto the sound board. Then remembered that I couldn't connect the USB board as the files are virtual, as I'm remote desktop'ing to my works PC......aaaaaaahhhhh 😒
And for some reason, the USB sockets on this laptop are not recognising the drive, so will have to use another laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment