February 26, 2016

Han Solo costume for my Son....... Vest 1.6 'Pockets'

Karen brought over her sewing machine last night As I wanted to see if my notching of the pocket templates would work in real life lol.

Hemmed all the edges of the pockets, folded crease lines and ironed them. Then started to sew them on. First I drew on a chalk line for where the stitch lines are to go, as a guide for the top pockets. Then I pinned into position and started to sew. Another four hours work, but now I have something to show for it lol.
Han Solo

Han Solo

Han Solo; glove pocket

Looking at the bottom pocket, I was thinking it was a bit low.....?? But I do still have the pocket flap to sew on yet. Also the corners of the pockets need to have an extra stitch or two. But still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment