February 11, 2016

Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.5 [M38 Scope]

E-11 Scope - version M38


The one seen on Han Solo's blaster.

There were a few versions of blasters with different scopes fitted,
click the pic above or the following link, to take you to

~~~
Found this website to, is great for showing the different versions of scopes


I've been searching online for blaster scopes, but after some thought, I thought I have a go at making one out of wood......how hard could it be??? lol

So I used my scope as a guide and marked out a square length of wood I had. Not realising till later, I probably could of made the scope in one piece, but maybe the next one ;-)

I marked a diameter on the end face, then a few length dimensions and rough angle end points. Then in work this morning I started to cut wood.

Results so far.....
E-11 M38 scope
 This picture shows the amount of wood removed to create the angle.

E-11 M38 scope
 This view shows the angle better.

E-11 M38 scope
 Picture above, shows tools used.

E-11 M38 scope

The remaining guide lines are to be cut out on my lunchtime.

[I didn't take a pic of before.....didn't think it would work]

No comments:

Post a Comment