November 04, 2014

Custom box for radio transmitter - 1.1

Got on with more cutting of the internal corner joining batons. Then more drilling, countersinking etc. Once finished assembling the sides, I started to fill in the counter sunk screw heads and the visible joints.

I made the lid out of 9mm thick MDF, as wanted it to be a bit stronger, just in case things get placed on top. Also I want to add a groove through the centre of the box so the extra thickness will help with this. 
Star Wars container box scanner crewStar Wars container box scanner crew
Un-grooved lid.

The original piece I was going to use for the lid has now been cut down in size and will be a false bottom in the base of the box.
Star Wars container box scanner crewStar Wars container box scanner crew

I found the pair of handles that I have had for the last 20 odd years.......wow, I feel old lol. I knew they'd come in handy once again. These are bolted on the box ends.
Star Wars container box scanner crew


Transferred the templates I'd drawn up for the side panel details onto some left over wood.
Star Wars container box scanner crew
This is the first set.
These will be going on the side of the box. And here they are glued on.
Star Wars container box scanner crewStar Wars container box scanner crew

More work done this morning on cutting out side details and gluing them into place.
Will post these pictures up later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment