July 08, 2013

St. Mary's - Summer Fair 2013

So saturday, R5 made his 1st local (2nd public) event at my children's Summer Fair.

I think I can say that kids thought he was great lol. Even tho some were reminded not to touch, this seemed to fall on deaf ears, good job R5 is pretty sturdy, tho in my absence, when I was being a stormtrooper, my youngest TOLD her school friends, 'hands off he's [R5's] my daddys'! Lol, good girl.

I was surprised at how many dads were interested to know how he was built even one mum did too :) and when I actually had the time to build him! The popular question from everyone was of course, 'does he move?' lol. This will be the next phase of this build, saving funds is now in progress. Then, when the Dad's were told he's made out of wood, i think they were suitably impressed too :D.

He had a few photo's taken with his new school friends [pictures taken by kids parents, not by me].

He came away fairly un-damaged, i knew the utility arms & the 2nd unfinished foot shell [has now lower section] were potential weak points & sure enough the lower Utility arm pivot pin location came loose. Well it was only PVA glued in place and is fixable. The dome gained a few 'battle damage scars'..... in the form of face paint lol but again, nothing that can't be fixed. All in all, id say he stud up to the assault... I mean fair really well :).

No comments:

Post a Comment