June 14, 2013

R5-D4 Head & Body fitting with all components

As I had all the recessed boxes bonded into place, I wanted to test fit them all :)

I had found a Hex socket counter sunk screw for the single lower dome eye. I fitted the screw through an old 'thingy', that i've had in a tin for years lol. This is all then held with a nut inside the dome. i also fitted all the other components. inside the dome as well.
R5-D4 astromech Droid

I need to make up three spacer pads for the main Eyes. As theres not much holding them on the inside if someone accidently 'grabbed' or' leaned' on them, worse case synario. So that's my lunchtime job for today.

And I had to then test fit everything.......again :)
R5-D4 astromech Droid

R5-D4 astromech Droid


I also started on painting the grooves silver. A very steady hand! Lol.
R5-D4 astromech Droid

And then I test fitted everything together......
R5-D4 astromech Droid

R5-D4 Astromech Droid
Forgot to 'test fit' his Antenna tho lol.

Then It all came off and I finished off a can of primer on the Dome.
R5-D4 Astromech Droid
.......and then started touching up with wood filler.

No comments:

Post a Comment