February 17, 2013

R5-D4 - 3 Leg Mode :)

Had some time to do a little work on R5 the weekend.

I did some sanding of the foot base & started to mark the recess that i'll dremel out later. I cut the slots in the crescent & added a back piece. Also added wood filler to the sloped panel on it. (No photos yet)

I've been thinking about how to transport R5. So I thought I'd see what wood i had left in the garage. And was lucky enough to have 1 large sheet of 18mm plywood and another one half its size the same thickness. The reason I mention this is because it gave me the oppertunity to fully (legs) assemble R5!!

So on went both legs, then flipped him over to bolt on his centre leg.

Then I bolted on the only temp foot I have at the moment. What could I use to support his other leg?? The paint pot I had just brought out to be put away :D
 
R5D4 Astromech Droid
I didn't fit the foot shell, which I had, but this was just to see if everything worked
 Was a bit nervous, but everything worked and he looked good! :)

I also ordered a lazy suzan (cheep & small in comparison to what you guys use) but it looks ok and didnt break the bank. :) time will tell if its any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment