As the title above states, after 15 years,
I feel it's time to call it a day!
I started writing this 'coming to the end' post back in 2024..... it's now August 2026!!!
This Blog started to show the progress of building my all wood R5-D4. Builders were/are encouraged to document their builds over on the Astromech forum, to help new builders understand building practices for their own droid.
You can read up on my builder profile on the DBUK page.
The Blog grew to include additional projects:
- Wood built R0-D4 & R4-D4 dome’s
- Designing and building R5's 'Bad Motivator' system.
- Wood built a GOUD-4 messenger droid from Solo.
- Designed and made my own Dome storage/carry bag.
- Developing and printing lots of 3D items (see link below).
- Trading cards featuring R5-D4 and his other aliases.
- Events attended over the years, all over the country, check out my YouTube video channel.
- Jabba’s gate build with Mike and 3D printing and building TT-8L Y7 droid, for Celebration Europe 2023
- My Treadwell WED-15-77.
Check the page links at top of Blog
I’ve also documented my 3D Printing progress from novice to advanced. Little 3D projects and not so little ones lol. As well as wood and metal working too.
- 3D files available free via Prusa, originally uploaded to Thingiverse and a few others, all are now transferred onto the Prusa one.
- Even had an Etsy shop for some of my creations, this was closed at the end of March 2024.
- I designed and had a patch run of my own design for R5.
- I had stickers too, design based on the patch as well as special stickers for events.
I’ve had the privilege to be a member of and represented the UK R2-D2 Builders Club , in a few very high profile public events. 'Force Friday', Legoland Windsor etc.
The Club has also expanded into the Droid Builders UK club, encompassing ALL types of droids, and not just Star Wars.
~~~~~~~~~~<=====>~~~~~~~~~
Some people will of seen, but probably not of been aware of R5 as he was in disguise lol, in three ‘celluloid outings’. See the IMDB link below 😉.
These have led to R5 being immortalised as a toy, three times, as well as my name appearing in the credits of two of the three film productions. IMDB link. And a blurred image of myself and R5-232 in Rob Bredow's making of Solo a Star Wars Story, locations book.😁
His last appearance I was able to name R5 after my three children’s first name initials. Something I will cherish forever 🥰 R5-2JE.
~~~~~~~~~~<=====>~~~~~~~~~
My latest build was a Treadwell WED-15-77 droid. This has been in progress for a few years now and is almost finally completed. This also includes making one storage box for the head, and one for the mast.
~~~~~~~~~~<=====>~~~~~~~~~
.....But family life has changed and my free time is limited. So WED-15 was my last build. Also, I feel that as build techniques have evolved, my Blog has become less relevant, less views etc, due to how people make stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~<=====>~~~~~~~~~
I hope this Blog etc has been of use to you and has been interesting to read and watch.
Please leave a comment below or via my socials.
Twitter (X) R5-D4
The Droids your looking for:
👇👇👇👇👇
Thank you.....
....to all who have followed, commented, liked, shared, this has meant a lot to me that my work, thoughts etc have been seen.
It's been a journey.
#starwars #r5d4 #rogueone #anewhope #treadwelldroid #bristol #mshed #youtube #facebook #tradingcarddispenser #3dprinting #soloastarwarsstory




No comments:
Post a Comment